Monday, January 26, 2009

An Emily thought....

As mentioned previously I'm currently reading the book Where Angels Fall and this morning as I was reading I came to a part that hit me hard and I thought I would share. A little insight to what is going on.... Lucifer and one of his followers are watching these two brothers Ammon and Luke ( who are righteous young men) and they are discussing how they can corrupt them and lead them down the wrong path.....

" Lucifer glared at the brothers. "I wish I could kill them," he growled. "If I could, I would. I would torture them, beat them, and cause them great pain. I would make them cry for mercy, then beat them some more. I would make them hate their bodies as much as I hate not having one. I could have been their master! But no, they didn't want me. They wanted to learn and grow for themselves. So that is fine. I will teach them. I will teach them of misery and despair!" "

that line really struck a cord with me......I would make them hate their bodies as much as I hate NOT having one. I think of all the self image issues we have in this world. Too fat...Too thin....Ugly...big nose...big chin....big butt...etc. How the media portrays how we should look and if we don't then we should use money for expensive surgerys and treatments so we can look that way. I think of the times I complain about my stretch marks and saggy belly skin and really I need to realize I have those because Heavenly Father blessed me with a beautiful little boy. My saggy boobs....and realize I was healthy and able to nurse my baby....I know there are some out there that couldn't. My pasty white skin and realize I come from a wonderful heritage and have an amazing family who I'm close with and who love me! My too tight jeans.... and realize that I like chocolate... simple as that! Just all the many body image issues we all go through. Satan wants a body......he is soooo extremely jealous of OUR bodies..... so he puts these blasted thoughts and feelings in our heads! Don't let satan win!

Sorry to go all drama....but I know everyone struggles with this at some time in there life... so I thought I'd share! We are who we are and we are here for a reason.... I hope to remember that!

3 comments:

Kari said...

So since I read that you are committed to being a better blogger, I thought I'd read your latest post. This is a great one. Thanks for this perspective as I've been cursing my post-baby body instead of being grateful that I could have a baby! :)

iloveblts said...

Em - Love your comments! I hadn't thought of it that way. I want to read those books!! -Beth

Courtney and Dan Archer said...

Great Emily thought!! I agree with you...the next time I want to complain about my gut or how nothing fits me, I'll think of this... :)

-Court