Friday, July 3, 2009

Ems Frozen Delights...I should open a shop

This is the greatest investment ever (ok I haven't invested in one myself yet...I've just stolen my dads that was collecting dust in his pantry) Seriously with all this Yogurt Stop and Spoon Me craze going around I thought I'm totally going to making my own frozen yogurt. What I have discovered is nothing but sheer bliss...seriously...it is soooo tasty and with the cost of what you could buy one little cup full you can make a whole batch (ok I haven't ever actually gone and bought any at those places so don't know the price but I can imagine its probably pricey) Anyways it is soooo super easy too! Like I mean super easy... I just keep the freezer bowl in the freezer at all times and when I want some frozen yogurt throw a few ingredients in and turn it on and in 20 min I've got a delicious frozen treat! I even stocked up on Sunflower markets excellent deal of 99 cent raspberries and blueberries and now have a freezer full of berries to put on top.... yummy!

here's the recipe I have been using and have been really pleased with though I haven't tried another one yet because this is soo good!

Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt ( I don't add the cherries so technically just plain frozen yogurt)

2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar (castor or superfine, if you have it) ( I've just been using regular sugar since thats what I have on hand)
3 1/2 cups nonfat yogurt (500 grams)(I use the Mountain High nonfat vanilla or I just used the raspberry the other day and that was tasty)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped frozen sweet cherries and chocolate chips (I omit this and just add my berries and crushed grahams to the top afterward) (you could add whatever you wanted in just make sure you look at your instructions for your icecream maker to know when to add it)


Whisk vanilla into yogurt until it is smooth and set aside.
Beat egg whites until frothy, add sugar gradually and continue beating at medium-high speed until you have soft peaks, 4-5 minutes. Do not overbeat.
Fold yogurt into egg whites in 4 additions, making sure it is well incorporated. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips and pour mixture into your ice cream maker. Freeze as directed and store inan airtight container in the freezer if you are not going to eat it right away.
Serves 6
recipe courtesy of bakingbites.com

Easy as that 4 ingredients (5 if you add something in) and you can enjoy some sweet deliciousness! I'm honestly loving it!

ps. If you don't want to invest and want to try out some of this frozen delicacy then come on over to my house... I'll hook ya up

ps. dad if you read this... I refuse to return it so don't even ask! :)

2 comments:

liz said...

i'm totally craving some frozen yogurt now...sounds yummy..

Holly said...

I just bought the 2 quart one yesterday and I cant wait to try your recipe!